CLIENT CASE STUDY: GLOBAL BAKERY (MIDLANDS BASED)
The audit identified savings of c.30% in water charges. In addition to this we have secured a refund of £40,708 from historic overcharging.
AUDITS: DESKTOP & SITE
PHASE 1: DESKTOP
- Forensic water charge audit – focus on current and historical charges
- Water efficiency investigation
- Ascertain expected consumption profile and tariff structure
PHASE 2: On Site
- Full study of production processes (where TE is chargeable)
- Validation of TE charges
- Identify optimisation of production processes to reduce liquid waste stream
- On site audit also includes an assessment of operational management re. waste water treatment and any opportunities for a reduction in environmental risk
- Duplication of water supply metering which led to double charging of water and waste water charges at £22,000
- Validated that all surface water charges were correct
- The water and sewage charges equated to 450 staff on site despite only 180 accounted for. This is a direct result of the metering duplication charges.
- Main bakery SPID sewage charges were uncovered to be incorrect and further investigation resulted in a £15,000 refund
- The correct large user fixed and variable tariffs have been applied
- Our audits are focused on deriving water and waste water volumes with the associated embedded energy consumption.
- We assist in setting sustainability targets to rescue water consumption and effluent discharge.
- Resolved duplicated metering arrangement
- Retailer & wholesale bill correction
- Investigate cause of high trade effluent unit strength
- Reducing production and employee water consumption by 15% through enhanced efficiency measures
- Implementing ‘Automatic Meter Read’ assets to identify the site water balance